The Solar Physics High Energy Research (SPHERE) workshop will be held from 11 to 15 July 2022.
Following from the highly successful RHESSI (the Reuven Ramaty High Energy Solar Spectroscopic Imager) workshop series — and now inspired by MinXSS (the Miniature X-ray Solar Spectrometer CubeSat), EOVSA (the Expanded Owens Valley Solar Array), and many other current and upcoming missions — SPHERE aims to provide a format for an integrated and unified understanding of high-energy processes on the Sun.
The workshop will be a hybrid format with online access and two in-person locations: Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) in Boulder, Colorado, USA and Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz (FHNW) in Windisch, Switzerland.
The workshop agenda will include plenary topical sessions, held jointly between all locations, featuring invited talks and facilitated, open discussions on targeted science questions. This interactive format is intended to foster both broader and deeper collaboration and understanding amongst our community, to propel progress and enhance success by breaking down silos both within the high-energy solar physics and among solar and space physics in general. Additional independent morning (EU) and afternoon (US) sessions will feature tutorials, posters, early-career talks, and open collaboration.
Abstracts will be solicited soon; contributed oral presentations will be limited to early-career researchers, but posters will be available for everyone. We will also request input on topical discussions.
Registration: 30 June 2022
U.S. Lodging: 30 June 2022
- Travel and hotel information is partially available. A specially-priced room block has been reserved for the Boulder, CO location. Booking deadline: 30 June 2022
- Topical session summaries are in the process of being posted. Please refer to these for more guidance on the focus topics for the workshop. Input will be solicited during registration.
- A tentative block schedule has been posted; the full scientific program will be posted after invited speakers have been confirmed and abstracts have been accepted by the SOC.
- Presentations will be archived and posted after the workshop.
- (Prior RHESSI workshops are linked from this page.)
Questions? Contact the organizing committees.