The SPHERE meeting is expected to be welcoming, respectful, inclusive, and collaborative. This code of conduct applies to all attendees, whether in person or online, and applies to all forms of interaction and communication including Zoom, Zoom chat/Q&A, Slido, and others. This code of conduct is adapted from the AGU meeting code.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Use good practices for intercultural collaborations.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Provide your true professional identity and affiliation at registration, and during attendance and participatory sessions.
- Respect copying and use of presented materials and ideas.
- Respect the rules and policies of UMD, the hotels, and Zoom.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and virtual backgrounds when using your camera on Zoom.
Anyone not meeting expected, collaborative, respectful behavior can be immediately removed from the online or physical meeting.
Examples of unacceptable behavior:
- Promoting or participating in harassment, bullying, discrimination, or intimidation on-site, online, and/or on social media.
- Verbal, written, or other forms of abuse of any attendee, speaker, staff member, service provider, or other guest.
- Threatening or stalking in-person or online.
- Disruption or disallowing participation by others.
- Physical or verbal abuse, including attacks on ideas vs. respectful, disagreeing dialogue.
- Inappropriate or obscene content on any materials and/or in Zoom video.
Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. Anyone violating the Code of Conduct may be removed from the meeting.