|Southwest Research Institute
1050 Walnut St., Suite 300 (corner of 11th St. & Walnut St.)
Boulder, CO 80302Local transportation directions are here.
|Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz (FHNW)
5210 Windisch, SwitzerlandLocal transportation directions are here.
Boulder Accommodations / Lodging
We have contracted a block of rooms with special pricing at the first hotel (Holiday Inn Express). Boulder has other hotel options, but many are expensive; we will post other hotels here if we find recommended deals. NOTE: reservation requests for the contracted hotel will be made through registration.
- Comfort Inn & Suites (formerly Holiday Inn Express) — $119/night + tax — *PREFERRED HOTEL*
- This is by FAR the cheapest option! Up to 30 rooms are available at this rate
- Convenient — the RTD SKIP bus goes straight to downtown Boulder every 7–15 minutes, with only a 1-block walk to SwRI
- Room type: 1 King or 2 Queens
- To book: specify preferences during registration – this is the ONLY way to book at this special rate
- Deadline to book: 30 June 2022
- Rates are good for arrival starting 10 July, departure by 16 July
Additional local hotels with reasonable prices during the week of the workshop include (rates as of 13 May 2022):
- Millennium Harvest House Boulder — as low as $149/night direct (as low as $107/night online) — cheapest alternative!
- Additional area hotels around $240+/night
Windisch Accommodations / Lodging
For the Swiss venue, we do not have a contracted arrangement with a hotel. Travelers should make arrangements for lodging through their normal channels. Some nearby options include:
- Centurion Towerhotel – new, most convenient, just across from FHNW
- Hotel Terminus – an old classic, comfortable and convenient
Hotels in Baden are an 8-minute train ride away from Brugg, if you prefer.
Airport location / directions to Boulder, CO, USA
Boulder is served by Denver International Airport, approximately 45 miles (72 km) away. There are a number of good, inexpensive ground transportation options to Boulder. A car is not strictly necessary!
- Bus: RTD AB. The cheapest and typically easiest method of travel! Cost is $10.50 (tickets can be bought at the airport kiosk, or on board with exact change). Transfer to the SKIP at Broadway & Canyon.
- Shared shuttle: Green Ride – cost is about $55. (Credit card information to confirm is required.) Runs until 11:00pm each night.
- Shared shuttle: Super Shuttle – cost is about $100 (last trip at 11pm)
- Uber, Lyft, taxi rides: typically $70-$100 each way
There is plenty of public transportation within Boulder.
- Bus: RTD has many routes that serve various parts of the city. Numerous routes serve downtown Boulder, including the 204, 205, 208, 225, AB, BOLT, DASH, FF1, FF5, HOP, JUMP, SKIP, and NB. (The SKIP goes directly from the preferred hotel, the Comfort Inn & Suites.) Cost is $3.00 for a 3-hour local pass, or 10-ride packs are available for $28.00.
- Taxi, Uber/Lyft: Typically $8-$25 depending on distance.
- Bikeshare: Boulder B-Cycle offers unlimited bike trips, up to 30 minutes each, for $5 per trip, $15 per 24 hours, or just $30 for an entire month (would cover the whole week of the workshop).
For those choosing a rental car, downtown Boulder has metered street parking and hourly garages. The nearest garages to SwRI are Randolph Center at 11th & Walnut, and the St. Julien hotel at 10th & Walnut. Parking for a full workshop day will cost $15–$20.
Airport location / directions to Windisch, CH